This recipe was originally posted on sexfoodandkettlebells.com, Oct 16 2012.
This chili sauce pairs perfectly with these Coconut Curry "Breaded" Chicken wings!
YIELD: 1/2 cup
TIME: Prep 5 min, Cook 15 min
5 medium cloves of garlic
2 red Thai chili peppers
1/4 cup white or apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup coconut sap sweetener
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1.5 tsp arrowroot powder + 2 tbs water
1. Mix all ingredients except the arrow root powder in a blender or food processor until well mixed.
2. Pour mixture into saucepan and bring to a boil on med-high. Lower the heat/reduce to a simmer and cook (stirring often) for 3-5 min so that the garlic and chilies soften and sauce slightly thickens.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the arrowroot powder with the 2 tbs water.
4. Add the arrowroot mix into the saucepan while quickly stirring. Cook for 8-10 min on a simmer, stirring often so the sauce does not stick to the bottom. Remove from heat, and transfer to the fridge for 20 min or so.
5. Serve it with chicken wings or any other dish you'd like!