This recipe was originally posted on sexfoodandkettlebells.com, Sept 2 2012.
TIME: Prep 10, Bake 22-25 min
15 pieces menonite bacon
1 lb medjool dates (approx 30)
1 bar dark chocolate (organic, soy and dairy free, 75+%)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Chop chocolate into small sections to fit into dates.
3. Rinse and pat dry dates, and then proceed to pit them. In place of the pit, add a piece of the chopped chocolate, and press the date firmy closed.
4. Cut bacon strips in half, and wrap around stuffed dates. Spear with a toothpick.
5. Place on a baking sheet covered with bleach-free parchment paper, and bake for 22-25 min, depending on how crispy you like the bacon.
6. Remove from oven, and let cool. Place in the fridge for 1-2 hrs to cool completely.We find these are MUCH tastier once the chocolate has had a chance to solidify again, so please take the time to cool them. It'll be worth the wait.