This recipe was originally posted on sexfoodandkettelbells.com, July 27 2012.
TIME: 40 min
YIELD: 2 cups
6 medium sized ripe organic plaintains
2 tbsp grass fed butter or goat butter (or palm oil if you prefer)
For a kick if you want to explore on your own: dash of cayanne, smoked paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg.
2. Peel and slice plantains horizontally on an angle. Make slices thin, about 1/2 inch wide. I prefer to slice on an angle as the chip is more lengthened and less spherical for improved dipability (yes. It's a word.)
3. Melt butter on low heat, and when fully melted, pour over plaintains in a bowl.
4. Add salt and toss.
5. Spread plantains on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30-35 minutes until crispy.
6. Remove from oven and let cool.
7. Gobble them up! But remember to share... A bit.