This recipe was originally posted on sexfoodandkettlebells.com, Feb 21 2013.
TIME: 45 min
YIELD: 1.5 quarts
2 cans full fat organic coconut milk (14 oz, BPA free cans)
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 eggs (free-range)
2 tbs vanilla extract
3/4 cup frozen organic raspberries
2 tbsp water
1 tsp arrowroot powder
ice cream maker
1. Combine the coconut milk, eggs, vanilla, and 1/4 c maple syrup in a large bowl and mix well using a hand mixer. After it is well mixed, place the bowl in fridge or freezer until liquid is cold.
2. Once your ice cream mix is chilled, place it in your ice cream maker and turn it on (follow the directions for your appliance).
3. While your ice cream is churning, make the raspberry swirl.
4. Raspberry Swirl: Blend raspberries in the blender. Add 1/4 cup maple and raspberries to a saucepan on med/high on the stove. Stir continuously until completely mixed. Bring maple/raspberry mixture to a boil.
5. In a small bowl, mix water and arrowroot powder. Add to saucepan just before mixture hits a boil.
6. Allow maple/arrowroot/raspberry mixture to boil for 1 min, stirring, and then decrease temperature to a simmer, and stir continuously for 5-6 min. You will see the mixture thicken significantly. Let cool until ready to add to the ice cream (see next step).
7. After approx 30 min of churning the ice cream (a few minutes before ice cream is completed – follow instructions on your ice cream maker), slowly pour in the raspberry swirl.
8. Enjoy immediately and store extras in the freezer. If you prefer your ice cream harder, then place it in the freezer for a few minutes before consuming.