This recipe was originally posted on sexfoodandkettlebells.com, Jan 17 2013.
This mousse is my twist on a traditional ice cream dessert originating in India. I once made it years ago, pre-paleo, for my mother's birthday, and we all really enjoyed it. This primal, and warmed version has a very gentle, mild taste with just a hint of sweetness and spice. The chocolate drizzle completes it!
TIME: 25 min
3 mangos, chopped
5 tbsp grassfed butter (or coconut oil)
1/2 cup organic whipping cream (or guar gum free coconut milk)
1 1/2 tsp ground vanilla bean powder
1/8-1/4 tsp ground cloves (to taste, I usually prefer more cloves)
1 1/2 tbsp raw organic honey
1/4 cup chocolate chips (dairy, soy, nut free)
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1. Peel and chop all mangos.
2. In a large pan, melt butter on med heat, and when melted, add mango and cream.
3. Stir thoroughly, and allow to come to a boil.
4. Cook on med-high heat for 20 min, stirring periodically to prevent it from sticking to the bottom - the mangos will begin to disintegrate into a cream.
5. Remove from heat, and transfer mousse to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
6. On a double boiler, add the chocolate chips and coconout oil, and allow to melt completely.
7. Serve the mousse warm, and drizzle the melted chocolate overtop.